Building a resilient workforce. One organisation at a time.
There are only three measurements that tell you nearly everything you need to know about your organization’s overall performance: employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and cash flow.
- Jack Welch
EMPLOYEE WELLBEING = HIGH PERFORMANCE
Happiness (wellbeing) at work improves the performance of individual employees and organizations as a whole, increasing innovation, productivity, engagement, retention, and the quality of their work.
UP TO 8 X TIME MORE ENGAGED
By helping employees to maximize their personal resources, supporting them to function to the best of their abilities individually and collectively and producing a positive overall experience at work it appears, it is estimated employees are up to eight times more likely to be engaged when wellbeing is a priority in their workplace (New Economic Foundation, 2014; World Economic Forum, 2010).
$1 SPENT ON IMPROVING WELLBEING RETURNS $2.30
Based on improvements in lower absenteeism, presenteeism and health claims alone, PwC estimate that for every $1 spent on improving wellbeing, companies are likely to see a return on investment for action of $2.30 in benefits for the organization (PwC, 2014).
RESILIENCE IS THE KEY TO EMPLOYEE WELLBEING
A huge body of research on positive psychology contributed by hundreds of researchers across the world, can be summarised in eight specific Betterly Strengths© that contribute to resilience and wellbeing.
- Belief: The ability to acknowledge one's role in the problem and taking responsibility to find solution.
- Emotional Regulation: the ability control and regulate one’s own feelings and emotions.
- Tenacity: the extent to which one is willing to change their own behavior and attitude and adapt in times of change.
- Toughness: the extent to which an individual is able to stay physically healthy and manages stress.
- Engagement: the level of comfort one has in seeking support in stressful situations and trials.
- Realistic Optimism: the extent to which one believes would encounter positive outcomes and the way in which they respond to setbacks.
- Life Purpose & Meaning: the level of fulfilment (gratification) one gets by adding or creating value to something important and purposeful.
- Your Subjective Well Being: the extent to which one feel positive about the quality of their life experiences including their emotional reaction and cognitive judgments.
BETTERLY HELPS ORGANIZATIONS BUILD RESILIENT WORKFORCE